Sunday, July 26, 2015

What book are you reading?

When I lived in the Seattle area I had about a 50 minute commute. But now I literally live 2 minutes from work. I have seen many of our students over the summer. Once they get over the shock of seeing Mr. Darling in shorts, and bearded, and shopping, I always ask them, "What book are you reading?" Some have answers, some make excuses, and many parents squirm because they know the questions is directed at them as much as the kiddo. 

But I just realized that if any of them asked me the question, I would squirm as well. I have a lot of books I'm dabbling in, tons of blogs and articles I read daily, but I'm not really modeling my summer expectations for them. And no, Glad Monster, Sad Monster, Wemberly Worried, or Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed don't count. 

I'll do better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment