Friday, April 10, 2015

George Couros and I are now best friends!

For some of you, that name doesn't mean much. But many people in education know that George Couros is an education and ed tech leader from Canada who is discussed and shared all over the world through social media. His messages are fantastic, you can even catch him on TedTalks.

I reached out to him yesterday about this blog. I simply asked him for advise on how to increase my audience and reach more people. He replied this morning with a brief email and advice, and also sent me this link. Click here.

All he did was tweet my question: What would you suggest to someone who wants to develop an "audience" for their blog? 

Lazy? Um, yes! (Geez George, I thought we were closer than that!)

Effective? Incredibly!! 

In a matter of seconds, he reached out to the experts all across the world; people who are in our same field who actually read blogs searching for useful information and relevant trends in education. I (he) received 25 responses, each one authentic, honest, and most importantly, 100% accurate. 

We exchanged a few emails after he sent me the link and I realized (you'd have  thought I would have had this epiphany years ago) what a powerful professional development tool social media, specifically Twitter, can be! 

Honestly, Twitter was something I wasn't too excited about. Great for sports updates, but I didn't see the application for me, my teachers, and education. My other best friend, Trevor Greene , tried to get me to see this earlier last year. 

But thanks to my new best Canadian friend, I'm upping my game. 

Blog readers, you'll be seeing more posting from me, keep checking. 

Twitter, get ready for my 144 characters of fury!  @darling_rt



No comments:

Post a Comment