Monday, January 4, 2016

New year. What else is new?

http://georgecouros.ca/blog/archives/5901

                        If you want to do something new, you must let go of something old. 

I've never been big on doing New Year's resolutions. A few years ago I made a resolution to see how much weight I could gain. After a month it became clear that I was AWESOME at this goal and my wife helped redirect my efforts towards other slightly less life-threatening endeavors.

For us to get better and expand our abilities, we are required to let go of that which is holding us back. Sometimes we are able to recognize it for ourselves. Sometimes it takes another's perspective to help us see what is not working.

Being "good" means doing what you were told. 
Being "better" means doing what's right, for the right reasons. 
Being "the best" requires you to change and never go back to the old way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment